|Our Whats On|
Guides to the Area
Where to Stay
Bed & Breakfast
On this Page
(Modern village and Old Quarry)
Langton Green lies on the A Tunbridge Wells to East Grinstead road,
between Rusthall , Groombridge , Speldhurst and Eridge .
The area provided work for a long time as a farming and a quarrying area,
the quarry lies about 1/2 mile towards Speldhurst . Stone from this quarry
was used to rebuild Speldhurst church after it was destroyed by lightning,
the church in the village and that of Rusthall were also built from the
sandstone quarried here.
The area used to be called Lankton and was in the parish of Speldhurst ,
but the main road through the village created business, and the village
formed to provide services to travellers alongside the green.
The village used to lie in the Parish of Speldhurst , but in the early
1860's a Chapel of Ease was built and was consecrated as a church which
is now All Saints in 1881.
The village is now a satellite of Tunbridge Wells and merges with
Rusthall providing housing for commuters and workers for Tunbridge Wells .
| Langton Green has a few local village shops , a petrol station
a public house and the church.
The nearest major shopping centre, railway lines and bus services
can be found about 4 miles to the east in Royal Tunbridge Wells.
| Langton Green has some nice lanes surrounding the green.
The road to Speldhurst is quite pretty, but the best views are
down the road to Eridge and the High Rocks, with some very twisty
small lanes and steep fields providing interest.